Even before the Yankees debut… ‘215 Billion’ 2nd starter, season starts on the injured list￼
Carlos Rodon (New York Yankees) starts the season on the injured list.
On the 10th (Korean time), the US ‘MLB.com’ said, “The Yankees’ expected second starter, Rodon, suffered a minor left elbow injury. He will start the season on the disabled list.”
Rodon, who was nominated by the Chicago White Sox with the third overall pick in the first round of the 2014 draft, played an active part in the White Sox until the 2021 season. In his last season with the San Francisco Giants, he went 14-8 in 31 games, giving up 59 runs (57 earned) in 178 innings with an earned run average of 2.88.
Rodon declared an opt-out after the season and signed a six-year, $162 million (approximately 215 billion won) contract with the Yankees. He was expected to be active as the second starter behind Gerrit Cole, but he was injured before the start of the season. He is expected to return sometime in April.
“I can play, but I don’t know how long I can last if I keep playing with my injuries. I’m not here to throw until the All-Star break,” Rodon said. “I want to pitch well in October and when the team needs it. If it had been on October 5 or the American League Division Series, I would have got the ball.” ‘MLB.com’ said, “At the time of signing, Cashman acknowledged the risks of Rodon’s injury history. Rodon missed significant time in 2017 and 2018 due to left shoulder surgery issues. He underwent Tommy John surgery in 2019 and 2020. Because of that, I only played in 11 games,” he said. 카지노사이트
“I’m glad Rodon said it. It could have been much worse. Throwing through an injury isn’t a good thing, especially at this time of year,” general manager Brian Cashman said.
The Yankees have to worry about the starting rotation at the beginning of the season with Frankie Montas and Rodon injured. Following Cole, Luis Severino, and Nestor Cortes, we need a starter who will start 4th and 5th. Domingo Hermann and Clark Schmidt are expected to fill the spot.